Greenville Heritage Federal Credit Union is open to everyone in Greenville County!
Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Greenville County can join GHFCU. You don't need to work for a certain company or industry to enjoy the unique money-saving benefits of working with a not-for-profit federal credit union.
Membership is a family affair
Do you have family members who live outside of Greenville County? They are eligible to join our Credit Union through your membership! Your immediate family members can enjoy our lower loan rates, higher deposit rates, lower fees and fantastic member service!
If you have a question regarding our membership guidelines, please contact us.
Lower your existing loan rates when you join GHFCU
As a unique benefit of your new Greenville Heritage FCU membership, we are pleased to offer you this great deal: Refinance your current secured loan with us within the first 30 days of your membership, and we'll lower interest rate on your current loan by 1% APR* or give you our current rate, whichever is lower.
You can immediately begin saving money on your new or used car loan, motorcycle, RV or boat loan by switching it to Greenville Heritage Federal Credit Union!
* Offer valid for the first 30 days of GHFCU membership only. Excludes share/CD secured and mortgage loans.¬ Rate floor is 1.99% APR (will change as market dictates), with a maximum term of 72 months. Normal credit guidelines apply. Please see a Loan Officer for full details.
Frequently Asked Questions About Joining GHFCU
Q. What does it cost to join?
There is no fee to join. Simply opening a savings account with a minimum deposit of $5 gives you access to all the benefits of membership.
Q. Do I have to come in to a branch to join?
Yes, you do need to visit one of our branches to join the Credit Union. Due the USA PATRIOT Act (Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism), we have to verify two forms of ID in person.
Q. What forms of identification are acceptable?
For membership, the following is a list of acceptable identification. The ID provided must show your name, residence, and date of birth. One form of identification MUST be a government-issued photo ID like a(n):
- Un-expired State Driverís License or State Identification Card (If your address is different from the one on your driverís license, please bring a recent utility bill with the correct address.)
- Un-expired Commercial Driver's License
- Military ID card
- Federal Government Employee ID Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Alien Registration Card, Nonresident Alien Border Crossing Card, Nonimmigrant Visa and Border Crossing Card, or Employment Authorization Card
- Matricula Consular Card
The second form of identification can be from the group above or one of the following:
- Any other form of Government Issued ID
- Employer issued photo ID and recent pay stub
- Employer Health Benefits Card
- Student ID card (school will be contacted)
- Social Security Card
- Certified Birth Certificate